My Top 5 Most Explosive Scenes

Last night was firecracker night where I live (the only night you're legally allowed to buy and use firecrackers) and so in honour I decided to do a blog post on my top 5 most explosive scenes!

**Spoilers for those who haven't read the books yet.**

5- In Ecstasy by Kate


This book is so full of explosions. And I mean that in a "bam in your face" kind of explosion. If there ever was a the topic YA novel on drugs and its effects, I'd definitey say this would be the novel. It's very confronting and not something that should be read lightly.

So it totally deserves spot #5!



Fire (Graceling Realm, #2)
4- Fire by Kristin Cashore

When I think of this novel, I think of that scene where Fire rides out into the open in such Lord of the Rings epicness and distracts some sort of creature away so people escape. I'm a little blurry on the details (it's been forever since I last read it), but you mention this book and that's my first thought, followed by a whole heap of 'squees' and 'omg that book is fab-ulous'.

Plus, Fire was such a kick-ass heroine (literally) I don't know how this book cannot be called explosive. 


If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)3- If I Die by Rachel Vincent

Self explanatory, no? If I Die has to be my favourite of this series (half way through Before I Wake) because of one explosive scene.

KAYLEE AND TOD!

Man. Phew. That was amazing. I am so incredibly happy that it happened. But I'm kind of annoyed at how it happened being that it was public and Nash would have been humilated in front of everyone... then I say 'screw it' because he tried to Influence Kaylee to be with him and let Avari possess her and do personal stuff without knowing.

Yeah. Emotions and explosives are the same thing to me here.


The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)2- The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

This book made me cry like a baby. So did The Iron Knight. Honestly, I never thought I was such a whimp. Then Ash declared himself Meghan's knight (and destroyed any guy's chance of a relationship with me) and then made Meghan banish him in the end when he wanted to be with her even though she was dying. And then Meghan had to be the Iron Queen, but that meant her and Ash couldn't be together!

Julie Kagawa has a hold on my emotions and abuses that power by making me cry in anger and hoplessness!

(Then came along The Iron Knight and made me cry whilst making everything better again).

But... the novel that had the most explosive scenes for me is...

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)1- Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

I think this was the climax of the series (even though I love the rest of the books to death!). From the ghosts that caused trouble, the foreshadowing gypsy (who isn't called a gypsy), the darkness of being Shadow Kissed that drove Rose insane, to the cabin scene, to the fight, to the turning and then that horrible cliffhanger... Shadow Kiss is my ultimate explosion of a novel.

How can you not love this novel? What makes re-reading it even better though is knowing that the series has been completely published so you don't have to wait months and months on end  for Blood Promise like I did when SK was first released!


They're my top five. What are yours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, you there, yes you ;)

Thanks for commenting! This is seriously awesome and I promise to try my hardest to get back to you, so do check back if you had a question or something to discuss!

Sadly, this is an award free blog. I really, really appreciate the thought and offer but with grade twelve and other activities as well as blogging, I don't really have all the spare time in the world. But thank you so much for the thought!

Seriously, though. Check back because I love to reply to comments ;)

Ellen.

 

Total Pageviews