Review: Deity by Jennifer L Armentrout


History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate..

Review:

I don't know what to say about Deity. It's come a long way since Half-Blood, which was the Greek doppleganger for the Vampire Academy series.

Alex is so much more likable here. She's got a head and she's using it. Sadly, her having a head means someone had to loose their head and I don't like which person that was.

Deity will throw itself at you. When I started reading, I couldn't stop. It had me hooked. However, there are a few plot holes with the apolloyn and since I'm not giving spoilers all I can say is: I'm fairly sure more than two couples broke that rule once every decade. Like, come on!

The cliffhanger was a nasty one. I'm tempted to even use the B-word and I'm wondering if Armentrout had this all planned out so we would fall in love with the inevitable doom that is this cliff hanger. 

But nonetheless, Armentrout is seriously creating a name for herself with action filled, heart stopping series like Covenant series and Lux series.


Review: 4 stars 
Date Published: November 2012 
Source: Bought 
Format: ebook 
Date Read: November 2012 
Page Count: 330 
Series/Stand Alone: Covenant #3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, you there, yes you ;)

Thanks for commenting! This is seriously awesome and I promise to try my hardest to get back to you, so do check back if you had a question or something to discuss!

Sadly, this is an award free blog. I really, really appreciate the thought and offer but with grade twelve and other activities as well as blogging, I don't really have all the spare time in the world. But thank you so much for the thought!

Seriously, though. Check back because I love to reply to comments ;)

Ellen.

 

Total Pageviews