Waiting On Wednesday {20}



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Expected Publication: April 25th 2013 by Random House

ACID




2113. In Jenna Strong’s world, ACID – the most brutal, controlling police force in history – rule supreme. No throwaway comment or muttered dissent goes unnoticed – or unpunished. And it was ACID agents who locked Jenna away for life, for a bloody crime she struggles to remember.


The only female inmate in a violent high-security prison, Jenna has learned to survive by any means necessary. And when a mysterious rebel group breaks her out, she must use her strength, speed and skill to stay one step ahead of ACID – and to uncover the truth about what really happened on that dark night two years ago.


Can we pause for a moment to appreciate two things about Acid? The first, is the heroine on the cover. She looks Resident Evil: Extinction kick ass with all those gun straps around her thighs. (Hint, number 3 was my favourite movie of the franchise). And secondly, that it sounds as kick ass awesome as it looks? I'm in love with stories that kind of hint at revenge (she just looks like she wants some revenge for something) and action packed stories? Not too mention, it's dystopian unique and the cover does slightly remind me of Under The Never Sky and the toxic rain in that world, but we'll debate that when this one eventually gets published. 

I can't wait until April.

(And not just because it's when I finally turn 18 ;D)

Link me up your WOW posts and I'll drop on by for a visit!


4 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!
    Great choice :)
    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixen's WoW!

    YAY on you turning 18 soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had ACID on my WOW post a few weeks ago and I'm really excited about it! The summary sounds great and I can't wait. Great pick and I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really wanting to read this one! I can't believe it doesn't come out in the US until 2014! So long to wait!

    Jennifer
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACID actually sounds fantastic. Too bad we in the US have to wait until 2014 ;)

    Melissa's WoW @ Sweet Treats and Thrilling Tales

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you there, yes you ;)

Thanks for commenting! This is seriously awesome and I promise to try my hardest to get back to you, so do check back if you had a question or something to discuss!

Sadly, this is an award free blog. I really, really appreciate the thought and offer but with grade twelve and other activities as well as blogging, I don't really have all the spare time in the world. But thank you so much for the thought!

Seriously, though. Check back because I love to reply to comments ;)

Ellen.

 

Total Pageviews