February 2013 Favourites









This is my new monthly feature where I talk about all my favourites for the past month. I absolutely love watching them on Youtube and I thought it'd be a nice new addition to add to the blog. Be warned, this will be a post of random things, not all book related.


This Month in Overview:


If January was "emotionally crazy", then February was emotionally draining. I don't think I'm transitioning too well into the whole gap year philosophy. It's been filled with job hunting and it's not going all too well. I live in a small place so it's extremely competitive and some of the problem is that  not everyone wants someone who may not have the most experience. But that's life. 


On blog terms, this has been a pretty good month. I managed to hit my target of nine reviews and I've organised my schedule and reading/posting schedule so everything's taken care of a month in advance. I also learned a few things and changed the design (which I'm planning to share in a post soon), so it's been a pretty good blogging month.


BOOKS


As said, I posted 9 reviews. I'm showing 8 here because the ninth was the book I named for my Jan favourites, Fateful by Claudia Gray.


Some Girls Bite by Chole Neill

Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill
Until I Die by Amy Plum
Mystic City by Theo Lawrence
The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
Othermoon by Nina Berry
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James
Fateful by Claudia Gray

It's so hard to pick a favourite book this month. So, so hard. I'm literally thinking of calling it a tie. But it goes to....



Until I Die (Revenants, #2)

There's a number of reasons why this is my favourite book of the month, but I think it's just because it was a stellar sequel and usually sequels are a make or break for a series. Until I Die was amazing and heartbreaking. 


MUSIC


This isn't a new album, but I'm just starting to hear more and more of it and it's pretty damn captivating and I'm so proud to feature another Aussie for this month.




The only way I can explain it is by asking you all to go listen to his music. I know that Battle Scars was just recently released in America, but there's so much more to his album.

YOUTUBE

There's obviously no mistakening the fact that I am addicted to YouTube since the monthly favourites video is something I was inspired by from YouTube. So I thought now would be the perfect time to feature my favourite YouTube Book Vloggers. 

I have two, since I couldn't decide between them and they are....


And like a completely lazy person, I'm going to show you their own bios:

Booksandquills... "Hi. My name is Sanne. I'm a 23-year old graduate with an MA in English translation and literature. At the end of 2012 I moved from the Netherlands (where I was born) to London, where I'm currently looking for work. On this channel I post book reviews, travel videos and vlogs."

TheReadables: "My name is Priscilla, and The Readables is a book blog all about finding the next great read. I think there is a book out there for everyone; it's just a matter of time before you find it."

Both Priscilla and Sanne are amazing volggers. Both review Young Adult books and have dabbled in other genres like the classics. I have to admit that my new reading taste that's been evolving is similar to both their tastes, which is one of the reasons why I like them so much. They're also honest and have amazing bookshelf tours. 

Click on their names above to take you to their YouTube page where you can see all their awesomeness in full storm! 

So that's all for this month! If you guys do a monthly video/blog, link it in the comments because I just love these monthly round-ups!


2 comments:

  1. I can def understand the emotionally crazy and draining! Hope you find a good job soon!
    As for the books, lots of good ones here. I've added a few to my list!
    Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so too. Ooh. Which books in particular did you add, if you don't mind me asking? And not a problem! I love looking back on a month. It makes it easier to see how productive you were and such :)

      Delete

Hey, you there, yes you ;)

Thanks for commenting! This is seriously awesome and I promise to try my hardest to get back to you, so do check back if you had a question or something to discuss!

Sadly, this is an award free blog. I really, really appreciate the thought and offer but with grade twelve and other activities as well as blogging, I don't really have all the spare time in the world. But thank you so much for the thought!

Seriously, though. Check back because I love to reply to comments ;)

Ellen.

 

Total Pageviews