Review: Falling Under by Gwen Hayes




Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams.
As the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear.
And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul.



Review:


Falling Under is the story of a girl whose changed herself for her father's protectiveness after the death of her mother--the mother who is unspoken of in the family. Theia Alderson is having dreams. Dreams, that seems a lot like reality. And then, her dreams do come to reality when the boy from them appears in her school. And with him brings a side of Theia that's been pushed down for too long.

I really enjoyed Falling Under. The first quarter of the novel was slow and I'll admit after reading the first few chapters, I put it down for another novel. Then, a couple of books later, I picked it back up.

I'm glad I did.

The story has great pacing and the characters are nice. I wasn't finding them overly annoying, even though they were a bit steroetype. The transformation that Theia--and the other characters--went through was an entertaining story. 

The writing was also once of the best things about this. Once the story started, you couldn't stop. The sentences flowed and every single description was spot on.

I loved it--the cover is gorgeous, too--and I cannot wait for the sequel!


Rating: 5 stars
Date Read: June 2011
Date Published: March 2011
Publisher: Penguin Group Aust
Series: Falling Under #1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, you there, yes you ;)

Thanks for commenting! This is seriously awesome and I promise to try my hardest to get back to you, so do check back if you had a question or something to discuss!

Sadly, this is an award free blog. I really, really appreciate the thought and offer but with grade twelve and other activities as well as blogging, I don't really have all the spare time in the world. But thank you so much for the thought!

Seriously, though. Check back because I love to reply to comments ;)

Ellen.

 

Total Pageviews