Review: With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent




After spending the last year undead, Kaylee Cavanaugh has had enough of the paranormal creatures who have plagued her ever since she came into her banshee powers. Now she's ready to take her school back from the evil hellions, once and forever.

To protect her friends, Kaylee will need to find a way to turn the living incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another.

Yet when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realises she can't save everyone she loves without making some powerful sacrifices...












Review:

First off, I just want to explain how frustrated I am with Australian publishers for switching from the American to the UK covers for the seventh book, which was my favourite of the US book covers even though I overall thought the UK ones were better.

There. Now that that's off my chest...

It is always so hard to say goodbye. I absolutely love the Soul Screamer world, it's so unique and all the characters are extremely fleshed out within the seventh novels, although Kaylee is once again the reason why this series has never gotten more than 4 stars with the exception of If I Die.

Kaylee's martry attitude is back in full force and I do mean full force. The lengths and hypocrisy Kaylee goes to in this book is amazingly shocking. While I do appreciate her bravery, it's just so frustrating for her to turn into a hypocrite while she saves the world for a seventh time.

There were a few subplots that I didn't particularly enjoyed and were once again hypocrisy. The only spoiler I can give for that subplot is that it is a incubus sub-plot with consequences from Before I Wake still needing to be dealt with.

There really is very little with what I can say about these books without spoilers other than that it is a great series, and while I don't particularly like how quickly everything was wrapped up (I'm talking about the mental state of some characters), it is a great series. If anything, Tod is definitely worth reading it for.


Rating: 4 stars
Series: Soul Screamers #7 (final)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, you there, yes you ;)

Thanks for commenting! This is seriously awesome and I promise to try my hardest to get back to you, so do check back if you had a question or something to discuss!

Sadly, this is an award free blog. I really, really appreciate the thought and offer but with grade twelve and other activities as well as blogging, I don't really have all the spare time in the world. But thank you so much for the thought!

Seriously, though. Check back because I love to reply to comments ;)

Ellen.

 

Total Pageviews